Crockpot

Guormia Slow Cooker 8.5 QT

I love my slow cooker. It is a staple kitchen appliance in our household. The thing about slow cooking is that you can prepare almost ANYTHING in it with a few spices and end up with a pretty good, cheap, edible substance that can feed a lot of people! Yeah, ok, I know that whole "edible substance" part did not sound appetizing, but did I mention that I don't always follow recipes?? Recipes are great, but there are days when I am in a buzzing hurry. When that is the case, I kosher my meats, rinse them, and then just toss them into the slow cooker with a myriad of herbs, spices, and vegetables. When you are slow cooking your meat, the process just tenderizes the food so very well that the herbs infuse the meat fibers. Each bite is just delicious as can be! So, I don't study too awful much about the recipes when in a hurry. Other times, when I am trying to accomplish a particular flavor, I will specifically adhere to a recipe. It is very useful then to have amounts pre-measured.

This is my latest crock pot trial - the Guormia. I have owned more crock pots than I can remember. I use them up, so no money gets wasted with this appliance! My hubby just ordered the Guormia for me today, and I am excited to try it out. The reviews look good, and it holds 8.5 quarts. This will be the largest one I have owned. With so many little mouths to feed, it is nice to be able to cook enough in the crock pot, and still have some left over for lunch the next day...without having to fire up my stock pot cooker. When I make soups or stews, I always use my stock pot. It is very large. It holds, maybe...I don't know...5 or 10 gallons. So, I know this 8.5 QT Guormia will not replace my stock pot cooking, but it will certainly beat standing over the soup pot when I don't have to. Just "fix it and forget it" like the book says :-)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schoolingmom

Work